Spiga

Rihanna: 'Haircut Helped Me Find Myself'.

Singer Rihanna has credited her shorter hairdo with distinguishing her from other pop stars - and for allowing her to discover herself.

The 20-year-old rebelled against her record label's wishes last year (07) when she chopped her long locks into an edgy pixie cut to coincide with the release of her album Good Girl Gone Bad.
And the Umbrella hitmaker insists the change in style helped her establish her independence.

She says, "I felt like the whole world had long, curly, flowy blonde hair.

Ciara, Beyonce, Mariah, Christina Milian. Everybody wanted to be like everybody else. So I cut my hair and they (Def Jam) made me put my long hair back in (as extensions).

"The second time, I didn't have any discussions, nothing. I just cut it, I dyed it black, I went into the studio making music my way. I found myself all at once. I like things strong, edgy, a little to the left. I don't like things that are expected - nothing cliched".

0 comments: