Spiga

Dr. Phil regrets making statement about Britney

 Dr. Phil regrets making statement about Britney
Dr. Phil commented on his show yesterday about his meeting with Britney Spears while she was hospitalized after a custody standoff with the police. Dr. Phil still feels the visit was appropriate, but regrets making a public statement, according to USA Today:

"Was it helpful to the situation? Regrettably, no. It was not, and I have to acknowledge that and I do," the talk show host told his audience Thursday during taping of a Dr. Phil episode that will run Monday.
"I definitely think if I had it to do over again, I probably wouldn't make any statement at all. Period."

Dr. Phil says he made the statement to Entertainment Tonight because the media would come to him asking why he was there:

He disputes those who say he inappropriately discussed her condition in the statement, which referred to Spears being "in dire need of both medical and psychological intervention."
"I said that before I ever met her," he says.

After the interview, Dr. Phil said a polite “thank you” and reiterated he was just looking out for poor Britney. Then he excused himself to prepare a special episode of his show. It’s titled “Hey, remember when I visited Britney Spears in the hospital? I'll never let you forget! WA HA HA HA!"

0 comments: